As I flowed through my week, I began thinking about all my wins compared to the NBA bubble.
- Maintaining social interactions, albeit from a distance
- A familiar setting with a comfortable apartment I can call my own
- Fine dining and access to our Executive Chef, a proven top professional
- I won’t need to put an asterisk next to my name for 2020
- We can have guests, even agents (maybe the agent part isn’t a win)
- Chicken wings without the extra hassle
- No snitch line to cause worry after Mrs. Johnson places a 3rd call before noon
- I’m not as tired and sore since we’re not cramming in games on shortened schedule. If it’s one thing I don’t want, it’s to shorten my season!
I’m fortunate to have an entire community of caring professionals aligning their efforts to keep me and all of us here safe, healthy and happy. That in itself is a win. Having our amazing team looking out for us, affords us an indelible sense of peace, while eliminating the worries and burdens from our loved ones. It’s truly remarkable how people have come together during adversity.
I sincerely hope everyone is looking out for one another inside the bubble. To the many who are contributing to the magnanimous effort in delivering an NBA season, your sacrifice to entertain us deserves praise. Know that we are thankful. And know that I am super happy, right where I am. Championship level happy.